Job Title: Minister of Religion (Senior Priest)
Location: GB SRS Brundavan, Slough, SL1 2SF
Reports to: Operations Director
Salary – £30,000/- per annum
The Minister of Religion (Senior Priest) at GB SRS Brundavan, Slough, SL1 2SF is responsible for supporting and promoting the teachings of Madhwa philosophy within the Matha/Temple community. They will lead and participate in pujas and worship services, provide pastoral care, and assist in community outreach programs. This role requires a person with deep understanding of Madhwa philosophy and the ability to communicate these beliefs effectively to a diverse group of individuals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily pujas to the deities in the Temple with vedic chanting adhering to Madhwa tradition
- Organise and lead special occasions & Madhwa festivals, deliver discourses (pravachan) to the congregation on relevant topic and explain the nuances of puja rituals
- Provide spiritual guidance and counselling to members of the community using Madhwa philosophy as the basis
- Teach Vedic chanting and bhajan to children and grownups when ad hoc classes are organised by Temple Management
- Lead weddings, Upanayana, funeral and other Hindu communal functions adhering to Madhwa tradition
- Daily chanting of religious scripture and explain any queries devotees may have as directed within these pious scriptures.
- Organize and lead weekend Satsang activities
- Higher degree in Vedic studies or equivalent to Veda Mangala from a recognised Madhwa educational institution is essential
- Should be well versed in Madhwa philosophy and a deep understanding of the teachings and works of Shri Raghavendra Swami.
- Applicant must be proficient in Vedic chanting and sholakas of Shri Raghavendra Swami
- Candidate should have carried out this role previously for a minimum of 2 years in a Madhwa establishment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate Madhwa philosophy to a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, while also demonstrating strong leadership skills
- Ability to work independently, with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Applicant must be able to communicate in English and Kannada with Devotees and members of the community; proficiency in other Indian languages like Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi is highly desirable