How to Look After Your Tulsi Plant
- Always keep Tulsi plant indoors in a sunny spot i.e. window sill.
- Don’t change the place of the Tulsi plant in search for sun it’s not needed!
- During winter (November to February) water your Tulsi plant with 150ml of water every week or when the soil seems dry. ( Some of you might have very warm room temperature and that means you may see dry soil more frequent).
- During summer (March to October) water your Tulsi plant with 250ml of water every week.
- Feed BabyBio fertiliser during summer as per instructions on product, which can be found in Homebase and big supermarkets. No need to feed fertiliser in winter months.
- NEVER change the pot the Tulsi is in during winter months.
Changing the pot of your Tulsi
If you want to Change Tulsi pot, do it during June – August
- Buy Miracle Grow all-purpose compost.
- Pour lots of water into the pot with the Tulsi plant in, until soil becomes runny.
- Leave water logged pot overnight so roots of Tulsi will become loose and will be easy to remove.
- Next day Gently pull the Tulsi plant from the pot.
- The Tulsi plant should come out very easily, if not leave the Tulsi in the pot and pour more water till it is easy to pull out.
- Then place the Tulsi plant in the new pot.
- Put compost around the Tulsi plant in the pot.
- DO NOT water your Tulsi for the next one week.